Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's not stealing if you footnote

I am taking ideas from Annie & Kim, and probably others I can't think of right now. Instead of writing goals (which worked out really well last year, huh?) or resolutions, I am writing out my Intentions for this week. I wrote some monthly goals on The Amortization of Goodwill, but I think I may need to take even that down a notch.

This week, I plan to walk at least one day. I will wear the cheap pedometer and try to reach 10,000 steps a day, even if I don't walk-walk. You know?

I will eat a good breakfast every day. I'm thinking peanut butter on whole wheat English muffins with a banana and low-salt V-8. Yum-yum.

I will make a list of things to do at work on Monday morning. No need to bore any of us with that right now.

I will be kind & patient, even if it kills me. No seriously. Practice breathing. Breath, don't sigh, don't roll the eyes.

I will read stuff that isn't so much fun as informative. The Board book & some stuff about middle schools & maybe a tax magazine. The good stuff.

I think that's enough. No wait: I'll wash dishes every day and not leave them in the sink.

That is definitely enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! Good luck!