Sunday, March 1, 2009

Things I would do if it snowed & I still had electricity

When we talk about snow in Columbia, SC, we always say, "as long as the power doesn't go out, I'll be OK." I guess most people say that, now that I think of it. In Columbia, we can be "snowed in" by two inches of snow, especially if there is ice. This means we get to stay home. It only happens about once every two or three years, so we try to enjoy it.

Since a snow storm is the only thing that will keep me from going to work on Monday (I thought about a broken leg, but I'd probably have to get a ride & go in anyway), I am planning to use that time well. This is what I'd do if it snowed and we still have electricity.

  • work on the rainbow chili recipe
  • clean my room, which means sorting papers, books, and yarn
  • clean Mark's room, which means sorting the whole families clothes --- most of which should be given away
  • knit and/or crochet
  • read
  • write
  • do things with important papers
  • make Rainbo Gumbo
  • play Risk on a real board with real people
  • make hot chocolate with real dark cocoa and a touch of chili
  • watch Chocolat again
  • use all of my facial products
  • exfoliate my feet
  • exfoliate Bob's feet (if he lets me touch them)
  • read
  • make bread
  • catch up on blogs

I wonder how much I can get done today (Sunday) and tomorrow (the theoretical snow day)? If it lasts til Tuesday, I may actually do something!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Snow days are the best!