Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Barack!

I am trying to get my mind around having a president who is a year younger than I am. That makes me feel older than the birth of my grandson did. Hmph. My husband suggests that the solution to my discomfort is to vote for McCain, but that doesn't work for me. I guess I'll adjust.

My mother used to ask me how old I was, then announce "Wow, you're old." I'd reply, so are you old woman. It was a family tradition, handed down from her mother. I have pretty much dropped it so far. Some traditions should die, don't you think?

So Happy Birthday Barack. I hope you will be the first president who is younger than I am. A very important first... for me at least.

PS: The spell checkers need to add "Barack" to their dictionaries.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I was surprised that Barack was a Leo. Interesting. I like some Leos but had to learn to get along with them. I wonder what McCain is. Don't ask why because I don't know. Just wondering. . .

Anonymous said...

and Obama
C
PS Jolynn, Mc.C. is a Waste Of Time. yeah, it's in the zodiac somewhere
:D