Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dona Nobis Pacem

Let there be peace on earth...
And let it begin with me.

When I have tried to think about what to write in a peace blog, I've been bombarded with images and memories, bits of songs, snippets of conversations, flashes of photographs.

And what I end up thinking is something I read on a bumper sticker put out by the Marynoll Nuns about 30 years ago.

If you want peace, work for justice.

If you want peace, teach the children.
If you want peace, feed the hungry.
If you want peace, hold the frightened.
If you want peace, be peaceful.

Let there be peace on Earth
And let it begin with me

10 comments:

ipanema said...

love your post! one of the best.

If you want peace, teach the children.
If you want peace, feed the hungry.
If you want peace, hold the frightened.
If you want peace, be peaceful.

how very true. isn't this the essence in attaining the peace we crave for? we can only have it when we know how to manifest it.

Shalom!

Raven said...

Short, sweet and true. Lovely. Peace.

Billie Greenwood said...

I have that bumper sticker on my car! So we're sisters of a sort! :-) I truly believe we must DO peace. Thanks for this lovely post.

Anndi said...

A most excellent post. If we strive to be peace, we will bring peace.

Lt us teach our children well.

☮peace☮

Kate said...

I found you from Dona Nobis Pacem. I love your site. I’m going to poke around a little bit, but don’t worry I’ll put everything back where I found it!!

Travis Cody said...

Well said.

Peace to you and yours.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

OH YES! If you want peace work for justice. Best thing I have read today. So true! Brilliant!

Mimi Lenox said...

LOVE this post.."hold the frightened"..sent shivers up my spine.
Thank you for participating and using your voice for peace.

This globe is #1943 in the Official Peace Globe Gallery at blogblastforpeace.com

Pacem,
Mimi

Annelisa said...

Yes, working for justice can bring all sorts of peace, and what you say here is the biggest truth...it begins with me!

Wishing you and yours peace, harmony and happiness x

Annelisa said...

You are now linked to Peace Bloggers Unite