Friday, May 1, 2009



Now that it is Not Tax Season, Fridays are my "day off." I probably shouldn't tell anyone that. I should tell everyone I'm going to work. I should get dressed, drive off, and then come back after everyone is gone and go back to bed. Or not.

This week we have Gabe and Brendon, which makes best laid plans seem like cloudy wisps of outlines of what I might have done if I hadn't had to hold Brendon and Gabe all day.

OK, it wasn't that bad. Brendon is fine in his swing if it's in the kitchen where I am cleaning and blogging. Gabe has some really cool wooden blocks on the kitchen floor. They make a really great noise when he throws them in the cast iron crab pot. And let's face it, I'd rather hold the babies than wash dishes anyway.

So today, I have cleaned a little. And of course, we all took a long nap (not long enough for me, let me tell you.)

This week, I will:

  • clean my room
  • sort clothes
  • sort socks while thinking of Shawn's alternate sock universe
  • move the bird bath to the back and plant some butterfly bushes around it
  • do whatever it is I need to do at work (that's another list)
  • walk at least ONCE
  • eat the angel way at least three days (OK, I'm in restart mode and moving slowly)
  • take the initial steps for a huge fundraising gala for Carolina School for Inquiry in the fall

As always, wish me good luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's a butterfly bush?

Fridays are your day off, eh? Wanna come help me paint!?